Saturday 16 July 2011

Cooling down on a hot summer day

I am nor resourceful and not creative. So, when I think of activities that are somewhat creative and resourceful, I am extremely proud of myself. This week, I had one of those days. Ottawa is hot in the summer. It was also one of those days where I did not want to mover, let alone go out of the house or do anything that required work. Meredith is very energetic. So, I had to think of an activity that would Channel her energy in an appropriate way (as opposed to letting her climb the furniture). I had recently bought some plastic boxes for Meredith’s toys. So, I thought that I would empty the bucket of the toys and put water in it and bring the party to our balcony. It was perfect! Meredith spent an hour sitting in the water, playing with the water, running around, and emptying the bucket. It was hysterical! She was wet head to toe. Most importantly, she amused herself for an hour. Cost: $1.25 (for the bucket) and water! I even took her out on the balcony in the afternoon. I was so happy about the day. Actually, I was mad that I had not thought about the idea sooner!
Points for the day:
300 points for using the same item (a bucket) for two different uses
200 points for cooling off my daughter and myself without making a mess in the house or leaving it.
200 points for being resourceful and a bit creative!
Total Points: 700 points

No comments:

Post a Comment