Friday 29 July 2011

My “subtle” daughter

I have not written a blog post in a while because our every day is much of the same without much change. So, today I thought I would write about Meredith and some of the things she does that make me laugh and make her unique.
            The title of the blog is: my “subtle” daughter. “subtle” is in quotations because when I say subtle, I really mean obvious.
            Meredith is much like her father in the fact that she loves going out. She is not a homebody. She loves adventures. When she wants to go somewhere, she will make sure I know she wants to go. First, she will bring me my shoes and say: shoe!!! Then, a few minutes later she will bring me her shoes and says: shoes!! She will then proceed to climb in my lap and stay there until I put her shoes on. Finally, when shoes are in place, she will run to the front door and try to open in while saying: go, go, go!!!! This process makes me laugh on a daily basis. It’s just too cute.
            Another thing that Meredith loves to do is go swimming. We have a pool in our apartment building and take her on a regular basis. In the past few weeks, she has figured out that her bathing suit and swim diaper are essential elements to the pool experience. Because I keep an immaculate house (please know then when I say immaculate, I really mean the opposite), Meredith’s swim suit is usually within her reach. So, when she wants to go swimming, she will find her bathing suit and run into the room saying: poo! poo! (pool). She will then proceed to try and put her bathing suit on herself (always over her cloths).
            So, even though things are the same on a regular basis, at least I have a toddler who is hysterical and cute when she communicates what she wants.
Points for the day:
500 points for translating toddler talk and actions (something I never thought possible before I had kids)

No comments:

Post a Comment