Monday 6 June 2011

books, books, and more books!

I am not sure I can take credit for this, but since I am the mom, I think I will. Every morning and after every nap, Meredith wants her books in the crib to read. We have tried to pick her up and all she does is points to her books. So, I gladly give them to her. She can read her 8 books for up to 45 minutes! This is perfect for me because I get that extra time in the morning to relax in bed and that extra time in the afternoon as well. I have no clue how we got her to do this. I think it helps that she loves reading to begin with. The first thing she does when she gets home is go for her books. But, this also has a drawback. She is so attached to her books that she needs us to read her 8 books before bed and she sometimes will not let go of a book and take it with her in the car, in the stroller and so on. Thankfully I am pro reading and this is not really a problem.
Points:
Unlimited: having a child hooked on books!!!!!!!
                  Who knows what her love of reading will do for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment